WARNING! HEREIN LIES SPOILERS FOR THE THIRD EPISODE OF THE FIRST SEASON OF SLEEPY HOLLOW!
In this episode, the Sandman is a faceless nightmare monster called “Ro’kenhronteys”.
Blah. Blah. Blah. I’m still catching up on this show. Blah. Blah. Blah.
- Will someone please take Ichabod down to the JC Penny and by him some modern pants?
- Are Ichabod and Abbie officially partners now? No one on the force finds that weird? Is it even legal?
- Abbie lied about seeing the demon in the forest and that caused her sister, Jenny, to be committed.
- A farmer also saw the demon and lied about it and he is killed by the Sandman.
- The Sandman or Ro’kenhronteys is a Native American demon that kills people that have turned a blind eye to their fellow man’s plight and have a guilty conscience in their dreams.
- Ichabod and Abbie visit a Mohawk shaman named “Seamus Duncan” who is also a sleazy car salesman. This is probably a problematic representation of a Native person.
- Seamus uses a special tea on Ichabod and Abbie so that they can enter the dreamworld and fight Ro’kenhronteys Dream Warriors style.
- All Abbie has to do is admit that she lied and the demon is defeated.
- Captain Irving finds out that Ichabod and Abbie made a giant hole in the wall and are now using the old archive room as their base of operations and he doesn’t really care.
- The Captain is awfully quick to accommodate Ichabod and Abbie’s needs. I find this suspicious for some reason. What does he know?
- Jenny has escaped from the asylum. She knows the apocalypse is coming. Is she trying to help or hide?
- Why did their shirts have to be off?
- Now that they’ve already been shirtless, where else can this show go with the fanservice?